- we (Ubuntu Desktop) are currently mostly happy with what we have;
- the focus for the Ubuntu Desktop team is likely to continue to be Ubuntu Touch/phone next cycle;
- due to the previous factor, we are going to be limited in resources to do desktop work;
- it’s a LTS cycle, we should focus on bugs fixing if possible;
- GTK 3.10 deprecates several options, it would be good to stay away from those controversies for the LTS (see this as an example of what is going to happen once we deprecate those options);
- it seems like the next RedHat enterprise edition is going to be based on GNOME 3.8, if that’s the case it would make sense for us to focus on ;
- bringing quality to the same version/share the maintenance work a bit.
What do you think?