|AirDroid 2 – browser (web) interface|
We’ve covered AirDroid before, so take a look at our initial post for more info.
|AirDroid 2 Android app|
Here are some of the new features available in the latest AirDroid 2:
- new remote Remote Camera feature: take photos using your phone from the AirDroid web interface;
- new “Find my phone” feature which uses the device GPS to display its current position, useful if you lose your phone or it gets stolen;
- quick drag’n’drop area: you can now drag and drop files or apks in a special drag’n’drop area to quickly upload / install them to the Android phone or tabled, without having to open the AirDroid file manager;
- new option to take a screenshot of your Android device from AirDroid web interface. This feature requires root access on the Android device;
- the Android device doesn’t have to be in the same wireless network as the computer you’re using to access it and you can now use AirDroid over 3G / 4G;
- other small new features: quick access to frequent contacts, add folder shortcuts on the web interface desktop, etc.
|Find my phone|
|Remote screenshot feature|
|Accept connection (local, no account)|
Download AirDroid v2
I’ve tested AirDroid 2 beta using a Samsung Galaxy S2 phone running CyanogenMod 10.1 nightly (Android 4.2.1).