- New dialog for importing music into the library
- New audio CD metadata lookup library, replacing libmusicbrainz
- Improved transitions between album art images
- Nautilus cluebar buttons now result in the right source being selected
- Update notification buttons when playback state changes
- Grilo plugin ported to grilo 0.2 API
- Search musicbrainz for album art by album and artist name
- Love/ban buttons visible in last.fm/libre.fm sources
The complete changelog, including the bugs fixed in Rhythmbox 2.98, can be found HERE.
Here’s the new dialog for importing music:
Install Rhythmbox 2.98 in Ubuntu
The latest Rhythmbox 2.98 is available in our Rhythmbox PPA, for Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal and 12.04 Precise Pangolin. Add the PPA and install Rhythmbox using the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:webupd8team/rhythmbox sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install rhythmbox
And a note: the plugins available in the third-party Rhythmbox plugins PPA, should work just fine with the latest Rhythmbox 2.98.