What’s new in SMPlayer 0.7.0:
- Mplayer2 support
- Use precise seeking with mplayer2. It can be enabled/disabled from Preferences > Interface
- Basic support for YouTube which allows you to open urls via Open > Url, or as a command line parameter. You can also drag and drop a link from a browser to the smplayer window.
- You can select the desired quality for YouTube videos under Preferences > Performance
- New favorite menu, where you can add your favorite videos, music, streams, etc. It’s also possible to add submenus.
- New command line option: -disable-server which is used to disable the server used to communicate with other instances. You can use this to launch multiple SMPlayer instances
To install / upgrade to SMPlayer 0.7.0 in Ubuntu, use the commands below:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:rvm/smplayersudo apt-get updatesudo apt-get install smplayer
For other Linux distributions and Windows, see the SMPlayer download page.